Pre-application licensing advice
We offer a paid pre-application advice service for certain types of licensing applications:
- New premises licence
- Variations of premises licence (both full and minor)
- New club premises certificates
- Street trading
- Permission to obstruct the public highway
The level of pre-application advice the council can provide for these types of applications are:
Check and send (C&S)
We will meet with you to do a pre-submission validation check to ensure there are no errors or omissions that may result in an application being rejected as invalid. We will also distribute your application to consultees/responsible authorities (where applicable).
Pre-application consultation (PAC)
We will do a pre-submission validation check of your application form and submit it to consultees and responsible authorities for pre-application comments.
Pre-application consultation will be helpful for applicants to:
- gain an understanding of potential issues that may arise from their application
- consider any appropriate conditions and/or comments that may be suggested by consultees or responsible authorities
- understand any policy implications arising from their application
- understand the likelihood of their application being successful
Full service (Full)
The full service includes:
- technical advice and assistance with completing applications forms
- technical advice and assistance with statutory notices and adverts
- technical advice and assistance with plans
- pre-submission validation checks
- application submission to responsible authorities
Request the service
If you would like to apply for pre-application advice, please complete the application form and return it to us. Once the application has been received an officer will contact you.
If you have any questions about our pre-application advice service, please contact us.