Submitting a local authority search
If you are submitting a search in paper copy then you need to provide the following as soon as possible so that we can begin to process a search:
- fully completed Cheltenham Borough Council full search form or Part Con29 and Con29O ONLY request form. Search forms are also available from any legal stationery shop and the law society
- a full and correct address to be searched against. Please note we cannot process searches against plots of land, we require the full address from the developer
- scaled, up-to-date site plan showing the boundaries of the property and land to be searched against, clearly marked in red in triplicate
- the correct fee. Cheques should be made payable to Cheltenham Borough Council. Searches emailed direct to firstname.lastname@example.org can be paid online
- an address to which the search is to be returned, or a full email address if you prefer to have your search returned electronically
Cheltenham Borough Council is connected electronically to Land Data and can both receive and return searches electronically. We accept searches by DX and Royal Mail or through any search provider.
Please note that we cannot return searches by DX
Please remember that incomplete documentation can lead to a delay in processing your search.
We regret that we cannot cancel searches that have been registered as work will have already commenced.