Submitting a local authority search
When submitting you need:
- fully completed Cheltenham Borough Council CON29R and CON29O enquiry form. Search forms are also available from any legal stationery shop and the law society
- a full and correct address to be searched against. Please note we cannot process searches against plots of land, we require the full address from the developer
- scaled, up-to-date Ordinance Survey plan outlining the property in red and showing all adjoining roads.
- the correct fee. We no longer accept postal requests with cheques, please email searches direct to firstname.lastname@example.org and pay online
- a full email address is required
Cheltenham Borough Council is connected electronically to Land Data and can both receive and return searches electronically or through any search provider.
Please remember that incomplete documentation can lead to a delay in processing your search.
We regret that we cannot cancel searches that have been registered as work will have already commenced.