Change of address

Continuing your benefit at your new address

You will probably want your housing and council tax benefit to continue at your new address so you will need to inform us as soon as possible. If you don't tell us you've moved straightaway you may lose money if your new rent is higher or owe us money if it is lower.

If you have been claiming benefit and are only moving within Cheltenham with no other changes in your circumstances you can complete the change in circumstances form.

If you haven't claimed in over a month or moving from outside of Cheltenham then you may need to claim Universal Credit. Please contact us for advice.