About keeping us informed

The law says you must tell the benefit service if there are any changes to the information we have used to work out your housing and council tax benefit.

You must write to us about these changes:

  • straightaway - as soon as the change happens
  • from the moment you've filled in your claim form, even if you're still waiting to hear from us
  • even if you've told someone else like Jobcentre Plus, the Pension Service or your landlord

If you delay telling us:

  • we may have paid you too much benefit and you'll have to pay it back
  • we may have underpaid you but can't pay you the arrears because you told us late
  • you could face criminal charges

 For all significant changes please use this form.

For all small changes please use this form.