Changes to your information
The law says you must tell the benefit service if there are any changes to the information we have used to work out your housing and council tax benefit.
You must write to us about these changes:
- someone leaves or moves into your home
- you start work or cease working
- your household income increases or decreases. These will be changes in your wages, tax credits, child maintenance payments.
- your savings change.
You must tell us:
If you delay telling us:
- we may have paid you too much benefit and you'll have to pay it back
- we may have underpaid you but can't pay you the arrears because you told us late
- you could face criminal charges
Notify us of any changes
For all changes please use this form.