What happens next

Providing your application is complete and you have not been convicted of a relevant or foreign offence, your personal licence will be granted. You should expect to receive your personal licence by email, and your ID badges and any original documents (DBS certificate and qualification certificate) through the post.

Once your licence is granted you must let us know of:

  • any changes to your name (in writing)
  • any changes to your address (in writing)
  • any conviction occurring during the period of the licence

Updating or replacing your personal licence

If you require a new personal licence and/or ID badge due to changes to your details (such as your address), or because your personal licence has been lost or stolen, we can provide this for a small fee. Please contact the licensing team to arrange.


If you have been convicted of a relevant or foreign offence the police have the right to object if they consider that granting you a licence could undermine the prevetion of crime and disorder licensing objective.

If an objection from the police is received then you will be told as your application will then be referred to the licensing committee to make a decision.

If you do not agree with the decision made by the licensing committee you have the right to appeal to the magistrates court. If you are not sure of what the best course of action is for you, we would recommend that you seek legal advice.

Once your licence is granted you must let us know of any conviction occuring during the period of the licence.