Making an application
You can now get your Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders directly from Cheltenham Borough Council
You will need to apply to the local authority for the area in which you live.
For example, if you work in Cheltenham but live in Gloucester you will need to apply to Gloucester City Council for your licence.
If you move you must let us know, as we will always be the authority who renews your licence regardless of where you live.
Before you make your application, we recommend that you read the full guidance notes.
You will need to provide us with:
- Completed application form
- Completed disclosure of conviction and declaration form
- Two passport photographs - one of which must be endorsed by a professional (such as a solicitor or someone with a professional qualification) verifying the picture as being a true likeness of you
- Licensing qualification certificate [Get your qualification from the council]
- Correct fee
- Documents to prove your eligibility to work or remain in the UK (please refer to guidance notes on the application form)
- Your original basic disclosure certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) dated no more than 1 month prior to the date you apply for your personal licence.
Tacit consent applies to this application. This means that you can assume the authorisation has been granted (subject to standard conditions that might apply) if you have not received a decision notice from us within 42 calendar days. The timeframe above takes into consideration the need for a licensing committee hearing. Where a decision is delegated to licensing officers, the timeframe for determining an application is likely to be less.