Planning pre-application privacy statement
Why we collect information about you
Planning and Development Management is a statutory function Cheltenham Borough Council provides in exercise of its powers and duties under the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015 and Town and County Planning (Conservation Areas and Listed Buildings) Act 1990. We collect your information as part of a contract to process your application to apply for pre-application planning advice.
What information do we collect about you?
We require the below information:
- Postal and email address
- Contact telephone number
Who do we share the information with?
- Your personal information is not shared.
- The application site address (which may be your home address) will be shown on any consultations we undertake. This could include any of the following:
- Architects Panel
- Gloucester County Council (Archaeology, Highways, Lead Flood Risk Authority, Ecology, Education and Libraries)
- Sport England
- Historic England
- Natural England
- Environment Agency
- Highways England
- Environmental Health
- Heritage and Conservation
- Planning Policy Team
- Urban Design and Landscape Team
- Tree Officer
- Drainage Officer
- Parks and Landscape Team
- Other relevant statutory consultees
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
How long do we keep your information?
After issue of the pre-application report your personal information will be removed. An electronic record of the application reference, site address, applicable documents and final report will be maintained.
Who do we collect from?
- You, the applicant
- If you have appointed an agent to submit your application they can provide your contact details on your behalf
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
We are unable to fulfil our obligations of the contract, therefore your pre-application will not be accepted or processed.
Are any decisions about you made by automatic means?