Planning letters of representation privacy statement
Why we collect information about you
Planning and Development Management is a statutory function Cheltenham Borough Council provides in exercise of its powers and duties under the Town and Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (England) Order 2015 and Town and County Planning (Conservation Areas and Listed Buildings) Act 1990. We collect your information as part of your letter of representation towards a planning application
What information do we collect about you?
We require the below information:
- Postal Address
- Email address (if submitted online)
- Please refer to our guidance notes for further information on what your letter of representation should contain. It is important that you do not include additional personal information about yourself or others within your letter
Who do we share the information with?
- Your personal information is not shared.
- Your letter of representation will be publically available online (Public Access), however your personal information will be redacted.
- If a planning application goes to Committee or Appeal, your letter will form part of the background papers but your personal information will have been redacted.
- Please refer to our guidance notes for further information on what your letter of representation should contain. Your letter will also be available to view at Cheltenham Borough Council offices.
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
How long do we keep your information?
Your letter, including your personal information, will be kept for seven years (six years + current)
Who do we collect from?
Anyone who makes a written comment on an application.
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
We are unable to accept your comments for consideration against the application planning application.
Are any decisions about you made by automatic means?
If you have questions about your data or privacy you can contact our data protection officer.