Transferring your licence

Will tacit consent apply?

No. It is in the public interest that the authority must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from the local authority within a reasonable period, please contact them.

Apply online

You will have the option to complete a fully interactive PDF form that you can download, complete and submit online. You will also be able to make your payment online if applicable.

Apply to transfer your premises licence

If you are transferring your licence to someone else you will need to give us:

  • a completed application form
  • documents to prove your eligibility to work or remain in the UK
  • a current premises licence or an explanation as to why the current licence cannot be sent
  • fee
  • completed consent form from the current premises holder

Unless you submit your application electronically, you will be required to give notice of this to:

Gloucestershire Constabulary
County Police Headquarters
No. 1 Waterwells
Waterwells Drive



Alcohol Licensing Team
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road

A new premises licence will be sent to you.