You can make certain types of minor changes to your house without needing to apply for planning permission. This is known as permitted development.

A simple visual guide that outlines common household projects is available from the Planning Portal.

It is always best to check with the planning department first as there may be local circumstances which might affect the need for permission. Please contact us if you have any queries.