Your kerbside recycling service
Green box and blue bag recycling
Your green recycling boxes and blue bag for card are emptied every fortnight.
For information on what you can and can't put into your boxes and bag, please visit our Recycle Right page.
Find out when your recycling collection day is.
When there is a bank holiday in the week, recycling is normally collected one day later. Separate arrangements are made for the Christmas/New Year period. Check our bank holiday collections page for further details.
- All containers need to be out ready at the kerbside by 7am on your scheduled collection day
- Please make sure all your recycling is sorted inside the correct box or bag with the lid on
- Unsorted recycling will not be collected (unless you only have one box)
Please do not put any of the following materials into your recycling box/bag:
- Food and drink cartons, or Tetra Paks
- Carrier bags/plastic bag (unless these contain items for recycling such as batteries or clothes)
- PPE such as gloves and masks
- Broken glass
- Food residue
Recycle Right: help us by sorting your recycling
- Green recycling box 1 - Plastic, bottle, tubs and trays, as well as metal tins, cans, foil and empty aerosols
- Green recycling box 2 or 3 - Paper and any glass bottles and jars. Please put paper on the bottom, glass on top
- Blue recycling bag - brown corrugated cardboard or light card
- Household batteries, small electrical appliances, textiles and shoes put in seperate tied carrier bags and put inside a recycling box with the lid closed
- Food waste - use your green caddy. Bag your food waste to help keep your caddy clean
For more information on sorting your recycling and what can and can't go into your boxes and bag, please visit our Recycle Right page.