Your kerbside recycling service
Green box and blue bag recycling
Your green recycling boxes and blue bag for card are emptied every fortnight.
Find out when your recycling collection day is.
When there is a bank holiday in the week, recycling is normally collected one day later. For the most up to date information, please check our bank holiday collections page or social media channels for further details.
Recycle Right: help us by sorting your recycling
- Box one. One green recycling box should be used for plastic bottles, tubs and trays, as well as metal tins, cans, foil and empty aerosols
- Box two. A second green recycling box should be used for paper, newspapers and magazines
- Box three. If you have space, a third green recycling box should be used for glass bottles and jars. If you do not have space for a third green recycling box, please separate glass and paper in one box, with paper on the bottom and glass on the top
- Blue recycling bag - brown corrugated cardboard, light card and brown paper
- Household batteries, small electrical appliances, textiles and shoes should be put in a tied carrier bag and put inside one of your green recycling boxes with the lid closed
- Food waste - please use your green caddy. Bag your food waste to help keep your caddy clean
To make sure your recycling is collected:
- All containers need to be out ready at the kerbside by 7am on your scheduled collection day
- We cannot collect bins and boxes left on private property unless it is agreed as part of an assisted collection
- Please make sure all your recycling is sorted inside the correct box or bag with the lid on. Unsorted recycling will not be collected (unless you only have one box)
Recycling bins and boxes remain the property of Cheltenham Borough Council. Only refuse, recycling or food waste should be put in our boxes and bins. If you put anything else, such as personal items, in these boxes and bins you do so at your own risk. These items, including home deliveries, may be thrown away by mistake and we cannot accept any liability for this.
If you need any more recycling boxes or blue bags please visit the household recycling centre in Swindon Road. To collect the boxes at the household recycling centre, please take the first left turning and follow the slip road up to the entrance of the site, as if you were going to deposit items. Once you reach the entrance gate, please ask a member of staff on duty for an additional recycling box or blue bag.
Alternatively, additional containers can be delivered. To arrange a delivery please email [email protected] with your name, address and details of your order.