Alcohol/entertainment/late night refreshment licensing privacy statement

Why we collect information about you?

We collect information to assess your suitability and eligibility to be issued with a licence, certificate or to serve a notice on the council.

We may also use your contact details in the event that we need to contact you in relation to your authorisation.

This is a task given to the council by the Licensing Act 2003.

What information do we collect about you?

We collect information about:

  • you (name, previous names, address, contact details, company/corporate information including details of directors and registration details, NI number, date and place of birth)
  • any recorded criminal history that relates to you (including details of current and/or previous criminal convictions, formal cautions, endorsements and previous and/or current criminal investigations)
  • any licensing history that may be relevant to you (such as details of licences previously held with other licensing authorities, the outcome of those applications, any formal or informal enforcement action taken and/or the outcome of any such action)
  • any relevant professional qualifications you hold
  • your eligibility to remain and/or work in the UK (where applicable)

Who do we share this information with?

  • Gloucestershire Constabulary  From time to time we get requests from the police to for information that will assist them in investigating and preventing crime. We can share your information with the police if the law allows us too.
  • Councillors who sit in the council’s Licensing Committee –Where we refer your application or licence (in the case of a review) to the council’s Licensing Committee for determination.
  • Publically available – when your application goes to Licencing committee the details of your application are made publically available so that the decisions the council makes are open and transparent.Some personal information such as criminal conviction is not made publically available but the licencing committee councillors will have that information to enable them to make a decision on your licence application.
  • The council has a public access system linked to its service records.  General information about your licence or consent may be displayed on the public access system.
  • Internal council departments who requires access to your information for the purpose of administration, regulation and law enforcement.From time to time we may share your information with other council departments if the law allows us to do so.
  • Cabinet Office (as part of the National Fraud Initiative)The council has a legal duty to submit information to the government as part of the National Fraud Initiative (NFI).You can read about the type of information we have to disclose to the NFI on their website.
  • Consultees – We are obligated to consult with statutory responsible authorities and other persons when determining your application. Please refer to our website for a list of statutory consultees who we share information with.Information we share may include your name, contact details and details of your application.
  • Home Office – We are required by the Immigration Act 2016 to share information with the Home Office’s Interventions and Sanctions Directorate to verify your eligibility to work and remain in the UK.
  • HMRC – We are under a statutory duty to submit relevant information to the HMRC pursuant to Paragraph 1, Schedule 23 to the Finance Act 2011.

Is there any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the EEA?


How long do we keep your information?

We keep information about you for a maximum period of four calendar years (three years + current) from the date you were first issued a licence or consent by us.

If your licence or consent was not issued, we will keep your information for a maximum period of four calendar years.

Who do we collect information from?

What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?

The council will be unable to fulfil its statutory obligations to assess your suitability and eligibility to hold a licence.

Are any decisions about you made by automatic means?