Twinning privacy statement
Why we collect information about you?
We collect information to enable you to take part in twinning activities, be that to assess your suitability as a host family for incoming groups from our twin towns; to be able to ‘match’ you with a suitable host family in one of our twin towns; to be able to organise trips and exchanges to / from our twin towns in which you participate; to assist in finding work placements.
We also use your contact details to inform you of current and future twinning activities and events.
What information do we collect about you?
- Contact details, ie email and telephone numbers
- Date of birth of under 18s, or approximate age of adults
- Details of accommodation on offer by host families
- Bank account details of host families if paid
- Passport details for organised exchanges
- CV details and photographs for work placement requests.
Who do we share this information with?
- Twinning Officer in twin towns
- Other council services and partner organisations
- Host families
Is there any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the EEA?
How long do we keep your information?
We keep information about you for a maximum period of six calendar years.
Who do we collect information from?
- Residents in Cheltenham or its twin towns
- Young people taking part in visits, exchanges, work placements
- Twinning Officers from twin towns
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
The council will be unable to fulfil its obligations to carry out twinning exchanges and visits in a fit and proper way.
Are any decisions about you made by automatic means?