Houses in multiple occupation licence applications privacy statement
Why we collect information about you
We collect information about you to enable you us to process the application you have made to us
What information we collect about you?
- Name and address.
- Date of birth.
- National insurance number
- Telephone contact details
- Email address
- Loan account information relating to the licensable property
- Information relating to certain criminal offences
Who do we share information with?
- The loan account information is used to contact the loan company as required by legislation
- HMRC as required by legislation
- The council’s and your legal advisors in the event of formal enforcement action being taken
- First Tier Tribunal in the event of an appeal against the Council’sdecision
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
How long do we keep your information?
We keep the information about you for a maximum of 7 years after the property finished being licenced by you.
Who do we collect information from?
- Property manager acting on your behalf
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
The council will not be able to provide the HMO Licence service to you.
Are any decisions about you made by automatic means?