Landlords and property managers - enforcing housing standards privacy statement
Why we collect information about you
We collect information about you to enable you us to carry out our statutory duty to enforce housing standards
What information we collect about you?
- Name and address.
- Date of birth.
- Telephone contact details
- Email address
- Property ownership details
- Information relating to certain criminal offences
Who do we share information with?
- The loan account information is used to contact the loan company as required by legislation
- The council’s and your legal advisors in the event of formal enforcement action being taken
- First Tier Tribunal Service or Courts in the event of an appeal against enforcement action
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
How long do we keep your information?
We keep the information about you for a maximum of 7 years after the enforcement action has been complied with.
Who do we collect information from?
- Property manager acting on your behalf
- Land Registry
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
The council will not be able to undertake its statutory duty to investigate housing conditions.
Are any decisions about you made by automatic means?