Complaints about workplace safety privacy statement
Why we collect information about you
If you come to us with concerns about safety in a workplace we regulate we need to collect information about you to help with our investigation
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about:
- You (name, address, contact details)
- If you are an employee we may also request information regarding your views, beliefs and opinions along with membership of workplace organisations
Who do we share the information with?
- We do not share your personal data with the workplace concerned
- Health and Safety Executive – if the workplace falls within their regulation
- Care Quality Commission – if related to a caring workplace
- Gloucestershire Fire Authority – if related to fire safety
- Public Health England – if related to an infectious disease
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
How long do we keep your information?
We keep the information about you for a maximum of 1 year after the investigation of your complaint is completed
Who do we collect information from?
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
The council will be unable to investigate your concerns.
Are any decisions about you made by automatic means?