Complaints of alleged statutory nuisance privacy statement
Why we collect information about you
We collect information to undertake the investigation of alleged statutory nuisance.
We use your contact details when we need to contact you about your complaint, or if we need to take formal action if you are being complained about.
This is a statutory obligation undertaken by the council in accordance with the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about:
- You (name, address, contact details)
- Premises being complained about (address and occupiers details if known)
- Nature of alleged nuisance
Who do we share the information with?
- Personal data is not shared
- Number and nature of complaints are shared with central government agencies (DEFRA)
- Nature and circumstances of complaints about business premises are shared with head and registered offices
- Nature and circumstances of complaints about residential properties are shared with landlords (public and private)
- Gloucestershire Constabulary - From time to time we get requests from the police for information that will assist them in investigating and preventing crime. We can share your information with the police if the law allows us too.
Is any information transferred to or stored on servers based outside the European Economic Area?
How long do we keep your information?
We keep information about you in relation to investigations about residential premises for a maximum of 5 years.
We keep information about you in relation to investigations about business premises for a maximum of 3 years.
Who do we collect information from?
- Head/registered office of business premises being complained about
- Landlord of residential premises being complained about
What are the consequences if we do not collect the data?
The council will be unable to fulfil its statutory obligations to investigate alleged statutory nuisance. We may formally require you to provide data about your name and property by serving a Requisition for Information under section16 of Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976
Are any decisions about you made by automatic means?